- Regular Full-Time
Purpose of Position
Our Developers help our Digital Project Managers and Creative deliver their vision. For you, this means developing and testing digital projects in line with specifications and, sometimes tight, timeframes. Be clear and logical in your approach and keep in line with technical guidelines and coding standards, such as naming conventions and commenting code.
Working closely with the Digital Project Managers and the Creative Team to bring to life, develop and test digital projects to specifications within agreed timeframe. On-going maintenance and updates of an existing sites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- UI development for responsive websites.
- Website CMS configuration.
- Some back-end development for custom applications.
- Develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
- Use of version control (e.g., SVN, Git).
- Adherence to technical guidelines / coding standards, e.g., naming conventions and commenting code.
- Contribute to collaborative teams including technical, creative, and client-service personnel to create solutions that meet and exceed our clients’ needs and expectations.
- Use industry standard web development tools and continue to refresh and adapt knowledge and skills of web technologies and new techniques relevant to our industry.
- Motivation to bring creative sites to life and researching new ways of working to enable
Skills & Requirements:
- HTML/CSS3/SASS practices that support responsive design, progressive enhancement, SEO best practices and both desktop and mobile web.
- PHP, including Drupal or MVC approach and frameworks such as CodeIgnighter or Zend.
- W3C and Accessibility coding standards.
- Photoshop (for translating creative designs into UI; expertise in design not required).
- Knowledge of using Sketch.
- Understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.